I often make this fun pancakes with my daughter who loves drawing.
Canada pancake by J-dog ( 10-12 servings)
- 1 + 1/3 cup All purpose flour ( Approximately 220g )
- 3 tsp baking powder ( 14g)
- 3 Tbsp sugar (35g)
- 1/2 tsp salt ( 3g)
- 1 large egg ( 50g)
- 1 +1/4 cup milk ( 300 g)
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in the large bowl until well combined.
2. Add the egg and milk in the flour mixture and mix using a stand mixer until incorporated.
3. Add the melted butter and vanilla in the batter and mix it again with the stand mixer until smooth.
4. Pour some batter into a small zip-lock and cut one corner about 2-3 mm.
5. Draw any pictures you want on a griddle, which is OFF.
6. Now turn on the heat at 350F for 3 minutes around until the batter turn to golden brown, that is very important!
********If you don’t wait, you will get a blurry face pancake like the picture above.*****************
7. Pour more batter into the face to fill it out.
* Note Small children can’t make this pancake on the second batch because the griddle is hot. Please be careful when you cook with your children.