RSS

Rustic bread with pure sourdough ( 70% hydration)

01 Feb

Recipe:   2 loaves

Levain :  Used 70% hydration sourdough       314g

Final dough:   King Arthur all purpose flour   779g

King Arthur whole wheat flour      69g

Water               524g

Honey               11g

Molasses        4g

Salt               19g

Method is the same as the Rustic bread with raisin yeast water

My family and I have been liking more and more sourdough bread, which has more sour flavor to the bread.

I have been baking this bread once or twice a week for now.  We all love this bread.

koubo

Creative Commons License
Koubo by Akiko is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Advertisements

6 Comments

Posted by on February 1, 2016 in How to make raisin yeast water

6 responses to “Rustic bread with pure sourdough ( 70% hydration)

1. Wendy

March 30, 2016 at 4:35 am

Hi,
    I have a jar of spent raisins from 2 batches of Raisin Yeast Water I made a week ago. I don’t want to throw them away or use them in baked goods. To prevent the raisins from rotting, I’ve been shaking and aerating the jar everyday. There’s a little bit of liquid leftover from straining that has collected in the bottom of the jar. It’s fizzy just like the original yeast water.

So I was wondering, can the spent raisins could be used a 2nd, 3rd, maybe 4th time to make more yeast water?

Thanks,
    -wendy

• Akiko

March 30, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Hi Wendy, thank you for visiting. The key to avoid to get your raisins from rotting to keep it in the fridge once your raisin yeast water is succeeded.
      It will last longer to maintain your raisin yeast water. I will recommend your unused raisin yeast water to refresh every two weeks at the latest.
      Yes, you can refresh your original yeast water to make another bottles, which is pretty easy. https://raisinyeastwater.com/category/how-to-maintain-raisin-yeast-water/

Happy baking,
      Akiko

2. James

December 16, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Hi Akiko,

Just to let you know I am still around and am still a big fan of your site. It’s near Christmas and it is only proper for me to wish you and your family a ‘Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year’!

James

• Akiko

December 18, 2016 at 2:07 am

Hi james! How have you been? Than you so much for your word, which encourages me to get back to bake often. I am so glad to see you again! I also wish you and your family have a nice Christmas and wonderful New Year! That is funny that I was begged by my son to make sourdough redently..lol
      Akiko

3. James

December 21, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Hi Akiko,

I’ve been busy working especially this time of the year. I work for a young creative female chef/owner who is battling to keep her business floating. It’s been 9 months and I am the only person still around trying to help her fulfill her dream. Business has improved and I hope hard times are over. It is really difficult to start a new business!
    James

• Akiko

December 21, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Hi James,

Wow, you should have been busy! I agree that starting a new business is very tough. Thank you for keeping me updated. 🙂 That is very nice of you that you have been helping her so long. That is impressive.
      I have been trying to save money and clear our debt. lol So I can renovate our house ( fix..I mean.. 🙂 ) and get a new oven!!!