RSS

Baguette with raisin yeast water

17 Dec

I have tried to get perfect crumb of  my baguette for a couple of years, and I haven’t still gotten the crumb that I want.  I am getting close to my dream baguette, but it is always imperfect.

This baguette is used raisin yeast water.  This is a 54cm long baguette.

Ingredients:

• 180g  King Arthur All purpose flour
  • 21 g  raisin yeast water
  • 105 g filtered water
  • 3.2 g salt

The crumb picture at the right on the top  is too fine, and the crumb picture at the right on the bottom is telling me something that I didn’t a good job on the right side when I shaped, but I don’t know what I did unfortunately. I will post when I complete this recipe.

Creative Commons License
Koubo by Akiko is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Advertisements

6 Comments

Posted by on December 17, 2011 in Baguette

Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “Baguette with raisin yeast water

1. RobynNZ

December 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Yes, but what did it taste like!

• Akiko

December 20, 2011 at 9:33 am

Hi Robyn,
      Thank you for mentioning about the taste, which I never talked about! It is slightly sweet and chewy. The crust is very crunchy.

2. K

December 19, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Hiya Akiko,

I’m way behind my baking timing so right now I’m in big trouble. Will chat more later. Too bad you live too far away from me if not I will go to your house to eat your freshly bake breads.

3. Akiko

December 20, 2011 at 9:29 am

Hi K,

Which stage of baking timing is that? To determine the timing before shaping, It is very useful to measure your dough after mixing by a Pyrex that has volumetric measure. Mark the dough’s starting after you put the dough in a Pyrex. Taking our the dough out of the Pyrex. Pour water until the line you marked on the Pyrex and transfer the water into the container that you like to ferment your dough and mark the top line of the water on the container. Again pour the same amount of the water into the container and mark it down again, which will be the line that your dough will be fermented doubled. I don’t know about the timing before baking….I can’t confess the timing .. because I am not sure yet.

4. Ellis Kellow

January 9, 2012 at 9:22 am

I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your site.

• Akiko

January 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Thank you so much! I read your comment with a joy.