RSS

Preferment baguette with raisin yeast water

06 Dec
I didn’t  make a plan for 82.6%  hydration dough instead of 72-74% hydration’s .. I made a mistake while making the baking schedule. But it turned out pretty well.
Preferment baguette with raisin yeast water
 Kitchen room temperature 72-76F     6/13-15/2011
Hydration 82.6%
  Preferment dough:
  • King Arthur All purpose flour   75g
  • Raisin yeast water                          15g
  • Ice cold water                                  62g (  I use filtered water that  is on my refrigerator in the winter )
————————————
Final dough:
  • King Arthur All purpose flour   75g
  • Ice cold water                                  62g
  • Salt                                                        2.7g
—————————————
Method:
1. Mix the preferment dough  7 hours at 76F until the dough spreads side ways.
2. Put the preferment dough  in the refrigerator. ( I put it in the bag to control the temperature around 14℃) for 3.5 hours.
3. Added the final dough except the salt.
4. Autolyze for 20 minutes.
5. Added the salt and mix for 2 minutes by hand.  DDT 69F
6. Punch down the dough interval 20 minutes x 2  ( punch down the dough, and make a round shape )
7. Refrigerate it for about 36 hours at 9-10℃ until the dough rises doubled in bulk.
8. Preshape and bench time 20 minutes.
9. Shape  Kitchen temperature was 73F.
10. Proof   for 20 minutes at 69.8℃.
11. Bake   7 minutes with steam at 470F/ 13 minutes at 450 minutes after taking out the steaming tools/ Shut off the oven and leave the door open slightly and leave the baguette for 3 minutes.
before shaping
46cm long
  This is the good one.
 This is the bad one.
 High hydration dough makes thin and crispy crust, and also sweet. However, it is very difficult for me to slash on the dough.  I keep trying over and over.
About these ads

6 Comments

Posted by on December 6, 2011 in Baguette, My recipes

Tags: ,

6 responses to “Preferment baguette with raisin yeast water

1. K

December 6, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Ha, ha.. I love your blog setting

2. Akiko

December 7, 2011 at 12:18 am

Thank you for your kind words, K. :) I also like this style.

3. Lucinda Marrington

December 25, 2011 at 9:57 am

Some really quality articles on this site, saved to favorites .

• Akiko

December 26, 2011 at 1:12 am

Thank you for your comment, that made my day!
      Happy Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family,
      Akiko

4. Jade Sommers

January 9, 2012 at 8:45 am

Simply a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding design and style. “Competition is a painful thing, but it produces great results.” by Jerry Flint.

• Akiko

January 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Thank you for your words, which are very intelligent. I had to ask my husband what it means to be honest…
      About ” Competition” That is hard.. but I don’t feel jealous when I have my own goal that is not beating up others, but myself.